DIY Dog/Cat Clean Spray

Does your beloved furry friend have a less than pleasant scent?  I know from taking my dog in the pool that 'wet dog' smell is not attractive.  I came up with this recipe and spray him with it (when he is wet or dry) and it removes all odor.

Quantities are estimates. You can use any essential oils that you like (but do your research as I think tea tree oil and maybe some others are harmful to pets).  You can also use any cooking extract that you have on hand but, I like the vanilla as not only does it remove odors but, he smells a bit like a cookie! :-) Adjust based on your nose's desire. 

Elle's Pampered Pet Spray
1 spray bottle
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops peppermint essential oil
5 drops neroli essential oil
5 drops orange essential oil

Add above to spray bottle and fill with distilled water to dilute to desired strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment