Olivia's Oragami Project

This is what Olivia said about this project:

Over 4 years, I worked on this project on and off and finally completed it. 700 paper cranes made by me, and the other 300 by some class mates from a few years back. The meaning behind this project was from a story told to me when I had been diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago. A girl by the name of Sadako was diagnosed with leukaemia from the radiation from the bombing in Hiroshima. Sadako's friend told her to fold origami paper cranes in hope of making a thousand of them. She was inspired to do so by the Japanese legend that one who created a thousand origami cranes would be granted a wish. Her wish was simply to live.

She is going to donate it to either Children's Hospital or The Ronald McDonald House - both are places where she spent over a year during her cancer treatment.




2 comments:

  1. wow they are amazing I tried to fold one in craft group but had great difficulty..found this from your youtube channel which I love being a fellow 50 something. I tried turmeric milk last night and it helped me to sleep..thanks again for your great youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Lorraine - thank you! I am so happy that the turmeric helped you as well! xoxo

      Delete